LEADING by READING®
Through this program, Love Helps, inc. places reading volunteers in kindergarten classrooms in Nashville's public schools. Volunteers commit to read once a week around lunchtime for 30 minutes for at least 2 months at the same school, same day and same time each week using books with positive life lessons provided by Love Helps, inc.
- Encourage literacy among young students.
- Educate students about positive character traits.
- Generate community involvement in public schools.
Our objectives for the 2018-2019 school year are to:
- Mobilize and train 80-100 volunteers to read to students weekly;
- Read more than 900 books to 900 kindergarten students in at least 12 schools
For sponsorship opportunities to show your support for children throughout Nashville/Davidson County, TN, please contact Dean Baker at 615/781-1010 or via email at db@LoveHelps.org.