LEADING by READING®
Through this program, Love Helps, inc. places reading volunteers in kindergarten classrooms in Nashville's public schools. Volunteers commit to read once a week around lunchtime for 30 minutes for at least 2 months at the same school, same day and same time each week using books with positive life lessons provided by Love Helps, inc.
- Encourage literacy among young students.
- Educate students about positive character traits.
- Generate community involvement in public schools.
Our objectives for the 2016-2017 school year are to:
- Mobilize and train 60-80 volunteers to read to students;
- Read more than 600 books to 600 students in at least 9 schools.